Modern Retail Design Plan with The Brick
I'm really excited for today's post because today I get to show you some of the behind the scenes that went into Shop The Skinny's new location in Kingsway Mall! When opportunity knocked to allow Shop The Skinny to move from Vacancy Hall to play with the big boys at Kingsway Mall, Erinn jumped at the opportunity and we then immediately got scheming away with design ideas. With a short lead time and wanting to keep things mobile and budget friendly for the less than 6 month stay, we got to work with planning a bright, fun and wow-worthy space to make major impact as soon as you walk through the shop's doors.
Thankfully Erinn and I were totally on the same page with the design plan. We wanted bright, white, accents of black and brass and lots and lots of wooden and green accents to bring in a feeling of nature and of course lots of style.
The space had previously been a shoe store with tons of built in shelving and wallpaper leaving lots for us to do in a short period of time so we came up with a plan to get the most bang for our buck in a simple but totally effective way.
First step on the agenda was to paint all the walls out in a bright white. Call me biased but I just love Chantilly Lace so the walls all got a fresh coat of this pop of paint. We knew we didn't want to mess with the flooring or invest too much in built ins for a temporary stay so the next challenge became storage and display then lastly, the decor.
From my searching for my own home I already had pieces in mind as soon as Erinn and I started discussing the space. The Brick recently came out with a line called the North Avenue Collection and I am obsessed.
The pieces have clean lines, they're modern, minimalist, stylish and crazy affordable. It's basically a win/win/win/win situation on all pieces so we got to ordering almost all of them. Our thoughts were that with the copper and metal pipe mobile racks, a few stationary peg board racks and then enough mobile pieces of furniture for storage and display, that we'd end up with the perfect eclectic but modern mix of pieces that would be both beautiful but also incredibly practical.
THE PIECES WE LOVE
1. The Peyton Counter Height Table makes for a perfect table right at the front of the store. It's modern and a little bit industrial which is the perfect eclectic mix with the rest of the store and the other pieces from The Brick.
2. The North Avenue TV Stand might not be meant to act as a display shelving unit but that's how we're using it in the store. The shelves are the perfect place to display folded clothing as well as decor items such as plants and more!
3. We ordered quite a few of these North Avenue Small Bookcases as they are just perfect for tucking into almost any nook or corner and underneath clothing displays. These versatile shelves are quickly becoming my favourite pieces.
4. The North Avenue End Tables are also incredibly versatile pieces of furniture that work well almost anywhere! We've used a few of these in the space and they look great!
5. The North Avenue Bar Cart is a great piece for moving around when Shop The Skinny hosts events, workshops and more. I loved this piece for its flexibility and variety of uses - not to mention the modern lines - I love it!
6. The last piece we ordered was the North Avenue Sofa Table that we ordered for smaller retail display items. I also have this piece on order for my front entry so stay tuned for that reveal once it arrives!
THE GAME PLAN
White walls, lots of wood and a ton of greenery paired with the clean lines of the North Avenue Collection from The Brick will act as the perfect backdrop to all of the clothes and other retail items for the shop. I'm so happy with how the store turned out and am thrilled we were able to use lots of pieces from Canadian companies such as The Brick. I'll be sharing the reveal of the store soon so stay tuned.... ;)
This post was made in partnership with The Brick. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog, without them I couldn't do what I love!