Spinach + Kale Soup
Well, well, well, - here we've been on your computer screens for just over two weeks now and no food post! Today I'm going to change that and share a recipe for a super easy, vitamin packed, totally tasty, oh- and bright freaking green, soup!
In the fall and winter I love making soups. My go-to is the end of the week "fridge soup" where I take any piece of produce left in the fridge and go to town. No two soups are the same, no recipe is required, and countless batches of soup in- I've never been disappointed. However, when I was scrolling around on Popsugar and saw this soup- I thought I'd attempt to actually follow a recipe (shocking, I know!).
While I still made modifications (hey, it's what I do) - I mostly followed the recipe and ended up with a soup that is not only tasty, but totally guilt free! When I tell you there is nothing bad for you in this soup, I mean it!
Next time I'd probably add a bit of celery and some carrots just because why not, but here's the recipe I used below, and the original recipe is here.
Winter Green Detox Soup (Modified from Popsugar)
- One large white onion - peeled and chopped
- Two cloves of garlic - peeled and chopped
- Two turnips - peeled and cubed
- One sweet potato - peeled and cubed
- Four cups vegetable stock
- Two zucchini - chopped
- Two bunches of kale - rinsed and chopped
- One container of spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions and garlic in a small amount of stock until tender (approx 4-5 mins)
- Add turnip and sweet potato with rest of stock and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add zucchini and kale and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add spinach, pinch of salt and pepper, and simmer another minute
- Add mixture into blender or food processor and blend until desired consistency
- Serve + enjoy
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Happy soup-ing!