Turks and Caicos
Full disclosure I was in Turks and Caicos this spring but decided to wait until a bit later in the year to bring you all of the goodness they have to offer. Just in time for the winter to set in and the travel plans to begin.
photos from Tourism Turks and Caicos - As you can see this place is unbelievably gorgeous. So, what's a little traveler like yourself to do here?
1. Paradise Scooters - Hands down my favorite thing we did, and basically the day all of my dreams came true. Not only had none of us driven a scooter before, but let's not forget we are also driving on the opposite side of the road. Not to worry, you are given a full lesson and we all felt extremely comfortable by the time we hit the road. We did the full day private group tour and it was AMAZING. You get a local perspective of island life and there's a bit of education in there too (see conch farm below). If you are going to the Turks I cannot recommend this tour highly enough - I promise you will love it.
2. Grace Bay - This is the place that Providenciales is famous for. Rated #1 beach in the world year after year Grace Bay holds up to the hype. The beaches are so white with water so blue you truly have to see it in person to believe it.
3. Potcake Place - "Potcake is the name given to the dogs of the Bahamas and the Turks & Caicos Islands. It came about because the locals fed the caked remains of the cooking pot to the dogs." These little pups come in litters at a time looking for good homes. You can go visit at the shelter near grace bay and if you're as lucky as we were take the pups out for the afternoon.
3. Conch Farm - Here's where the educational part kicks in. On our scooter tour we do a stop by the conch farm. Just a note: Conch is delicious, I would recommend trying it before you see the real thing (center) that is kind of disgusting.
4. Bugaloo's - Speaking of Conch. Bugaloo's is a fantastic little hidden gem where you can try some. On nice days the tables are put out into the ocean so you can have your feet in the water while you enjoy your meal. Oh and they have a table made out of an old boat on the beach, enough said.
Big Blue Unlimited // Perfect for you activity people - Kayaking through the mangroves and Scuba diving on some of the most coveted reefs
Spa Tropique // We were super spoiled and had spa tropique come out to the house for a day of pampering. Facials, Massages, whatever you want. Most relaxing day by far.
PS - don't forget to enter our giveaway for a gorgeous sterling silver teething bracelet from Momma's Jewels! Have a peek at it in this post and enter to win below!