Gift Guide: The #YEG Edit Pt 2
Last year my favorite Gift Guide of the whole holiday season was by far my local love gift guide highlighting some of my favorite shops in Edmonton. This year I wanted to do the same and introduce you to 16 more local businesses you should know and include in your holiday shopping. I'm still head over heels in love with every business I blogged about last year but for the sake of keeping things fresh, have decided to feature only businesses that weren't in last years gift guides. So, make sure to look at last year's GG for some great Edmonton gift ideas as well as some of my newer favourites below! Oh and as a head's up, make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for a pretty AMAZING GIVEAWAY, and you'll want to head to my IG page as well for a second giveaway. Tis the season! XO
1. Veil Beauty: I've shared many times on the blog why I love the ladies of Veil Beauty so this year for the lipstick lovers on your list I highly recommend checking them out. This color is perfect for the holiday season.
2. Topknot Style: Launching only a month ago, Amanda has wasted no time in making quite the name for herself with her GORGEOUS (see for yourself here) oversized knit cowls and blankets. So for anyone who wants to keep warm and look totally cute and cozy while doing so, I suggest checking her out now!
3. Berg + Betts: SO much love for Berg + Betts. Both sustainable and stylish, now you can buy watches for her and for him so make sure to check out these beautiful hand made watches and necklaces when you're doing your shopping this year.
4. Pura Botanicals: From fragrances, skincare, hair mists and more, Pura Botanicals has you covered when it comes to all things "natural beauty". The Desire mist is a personal favorite of mine and Lane's other vegan, non-toxic and eco-friendly beauty potions are sure to have you swooning!
5. Shop Diamond Cake: Talk Emoji To Me?! Yes please! This shirt speaks my language and Kelsie and Christina's fun shop filled with boyband related goods, hilarious shirts and more is a must check out for your holiday shopping.
6. Hand Meyd: What's not to love about beauty products for him and her, made right here in edmonton by Megan herself. Stock up on bath products, beard oils and more for anyone who appreciates high quality hand "meyd" goods.
7. My Daughter Fragrances: Last year I was able to try Janey's fragrance Joyful and I immediately fell in love. This year I got my hands on her Always Loved fragrance and it did not disappoint. I've been wearing it on repeat lately and this is the perfect pretty gift for that special someone you want to spoil!
8. Shop the Skinny: While I have no mini's of my own yet (unless Herman counts?! lol), I still can't resist the cute kiddie wears from Shop The Skinny. Erinn, the girlboss behind the shop has a knack for selecting the most adorable and fashionable children's clothes that make me feel like I need to step up my wardrobe game! A must shop for the wee ones in your life.
9. SPUD: I make no secret of my love for SPUD which is strong on many levels. Having natural, local and organic produce and groceries delivered to me has been a life changing experience. Why not give a gift card or send a local produce box the way of one of your loved ones as a convenient and healthy gift? Oh and while we're talking SPUD, you should probably head to my Instagram for a pretty amazing giveaway *wink wink*
10. Fitset: While we're on the healthy train, let's talk about Fitset. One pass for one monthly fee giving you access to over 70 (!!!!) fitness studios and gyms in Edmonton is pretty much amazing. Fitset gift cards are perfect for any fitness junkies you're looking to buy for this year. I highly recommend trying them out, who knows- maybe I'll see you at a class!
11. Still In Edmonton: I've got mad love for my city but this shirt definitely made me laugh. "We love it, we hate it, we're still here", whether you love that you live in Edmonton or not, this shirt is a must have for all yeggers.
As I did last year I also want to highlight a few other shops I love in Edmonton. Harlow High Street is amazing shop full of cute clothes, homewares, beauty products and more. Harlow's sister company Lyndale Accents is also a great shop in the west end carrying a ton of amazing stationary, handbags by fossil and mat and nat and other items for your home and wardrobe. Red Ribbon Boutique is a more recent discovery and you might remember I recently took over their Instagram to celebrate their birthday so head there to see some of my faves. For fitness wear, check out Elevate Activewear because if you're going to workout, you want to have great gear to rock while doing so! Another recent discover is also dancelove. For anyone on your list who's all about that plie and jete life- they need one of these sweaters; cute and cozy for the win!
And to keep spreading the "shop local" love, here's my picks this year for last year's #YEG gift guide businesses!
And now....for the GIVEAWAY! I've teamed up with a few of my local faves Glow Juicery, Fitset Pass and Elevate Activewear who are all about healthy living, to keep you healthy throughout the holidays (or pass the gift of healthy living along to someone else!). You'll win a Glow Holiday Survival Kit*, a onzie pair of leggings and workout tank from Elevate Activewear (as photographed above) and a one month pass for Fitset! Talk about best prize ever!! Contest open to those in Edmonton and the surrounding area. Good luck! XO
*The Glow Holiday Survival Kit is a Holiday inspired 4 Juice + Noel Nog package to keep our clients focused on healthy balance, and to curb cravings & overindulgence throughout the Holiday Party season. Contains After Glow, Vitamin G, Citrus Glow and Earthy Glow. Designed to fuel and satiate before you go out (After Glow & Earthy Glow), and for hydration and recovery after a night of liquid indulgence (Citrus Glow & VitaminG).