Ready for a mid week pick me up? This guac takes about 10 minutes to make and it kicks ass with some tortillas or my favorite on top of wild salmon with wild rice. The acid in the tomatoes is replaced with the pineapple and you get a hit of sweetness to boot.
Two of us destroyed this in one sitting, so if you're having a party you'll want to double up.
What you'll need:
- 2 avocados
- 2/3 cup chopped pineapple (fresh is mo' betta but use canned if you must)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- grated zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of salt
Directions: (I switch it up slightly from cookbook directions)...
- Mash Avocado and Cover with lime juice, let this marinate while you...
- Mix remainder of ingredients together (excl salt)
- Fold mashed avocado into remaining ingredients and finish with a pinch of salt
If making the night before put the avocado pit in your guac, it will keep it from browning.
Recipe Via Thug Kitchen