Canadian Gift Guide
Oh Canada! Just days after my #yeg gift guide and giveaways (check here and here for those) I thought I'd keep sharing the love with a Canadian gift guide and another giveaway (scroll to the bottom). Shopping more consciously and supporting brands I believe in is a shift I've been slowly making for a while now and these are all brands I'm proud knowing are Canadian! From major household names to smaller businesses I hope you enjoy reading about some great Canadian brands and businesses. Happy shopping!
1. Wrinkle and Crease: I have what some might call a "slight obsession" with paper products so obviously I'm obsessed with Wrinkle and Crease. From beautiful cards, prints and festive gift tags to my can't live without weekly planner (and now a monthly planner too?! I die), #yyc native Kayley's shop has something for everyone.
2. IZM: You guys know I love modern design and for that reason I naturally adore IZM. Check here to see where their stunning pieces are carried or if you're in Edmonton, why not give the gift of one of their workshops?
3. Aldo: Aldo, now a huge name in fashion, footwear and accessories is a Canadian gem I've shopped at for almost 15 years! As a side note, I'm dying over this embellished bag. Talk about perfect New Year's Eve bag!
4. Blackthumb Décor: I've come to love and adore Blackthumb for carrying the most amazing scandinavian home décor accents and this candle holder is no exception. Perfect for the modernist in your life.
5. Fifth Avenue Collection: My Canadian gift guide wouldn't be complete without sharing more love for Canadian jewelry company Fifth Avenue Collection. From layered bracelets, bling-y necklaces, cocktail rings and more- there's a piece at every price point so you can be sure you'll find the perfect piece for that special someone who would love a little sparkle over the holidays!
6. Woodlot Candles: I received a pretty serious education this year about how bad pretty much ALL of the candles in my house were. Let me tell you, no more of that madness. For candles (and other products) that are beautiful, smell amazing and are made from high quality ingredients that aren't full of a ton of nasty chemicals, woodlot is where it's at
8. Poppy Barley: Oh Poppy Barley, how I love you so! I could (and should, and will one day) write an entire post about my love for this company but for that special someone on your list, I highly suggest a GC for a pair of beautiful footwear from a company that I just adore. Just read here for a little bit of the story behind this brand that just celebrated 3 years! Plus, they now have wristlets and a handbag (!!!) too. My love just continues to grow!
9. HBC: A canadian gift guide just wouldn't be complete without Hudson's Bay Company. This classic Canadian Heritage brand carries something for almost anyone on your list but some of my favorites are from their HBC Collection. Classic Canadiana.
10. Canada Goose: I couldn't create a Canadian gift guide without including Canada Goose. I love the story behind this brand and their commitment to being made in Canada. Whether you want to spoil someone with the warmest coat ever or pick up a perfect toque or pair of gloves, CG has got ya covered.
14. Willow and Park: Besties Andrea and Georgia have founded online shop Willow and Park, carrying accessories, bath and beauty products and more! I love this faux fur vest and have been loving using this perfume and bath soak from their "Made in Canada" section.
And to celebrate all things Canadian, I've paired with Canadian company My Daughter Fragrances (you might remember her from my #yeg gift guide) to giveaway one Always Loved perfume to a lucky reader! Enter below for your chance to win! *Contest open to Canada/US only* And if you're in Edmonton, check out Janey at the Butterdome Craft Sale Dec 3-6, good luck!